Our main goal with Cobook was to make contact management enjoyable. The new 1.1 update makes it even more fun and useful, especially for Gmail and Android users.
Synchronize Cobook with Google Contacts
Cobook now includes a smart two-way synchronization with Google Contacts that syncs complete contact information as well as contact tags. It’s conflict free and even lets you synchronize contacts with both iCloud and Google.
Note: If you synchronize contacts via both iCloud and Google Contacts, make sure only one machine has both synchronization methods enabled, otherwise you may get unexpected duplicates.
One of Cobook’s most popular features is social network integration. In addition to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, there is now a new option to automatically import your connections from Xing professional network. Besides Cobook can also automatically look for Xing profiles for your exisiting contacts based on email.
What’s Your Time?
Have you ever wondered if it’s the right time to call someone in a different timezone? Cobook can help you now - it automatically calculates and displays the local time for phone numbers and addresses whenever possible.
Cobook 1.1 brings many more cool enhancements:
- Prefix tag with “-” for inverse tag search (ie. find contacts that do not belong to this tag)
- Search field is now available on top of window even in contact view
- Reorder contact detail sections via Preferences
- Configure default label for each field via Preferences
- Support for name title and suffix fields
- Support for additional dates field
- Status bar with contact counter and synchronization status indicator
- Edit contact image
- Any tag can now be configured as Home View
- More flexible contact Quick Add; now supports adding of any field
- Design updates
- It’s now possible to disable confirmation popup for default phone action
Get your copy of Cobook 1.1 from Mac App Store today. Already have 1.0? Simply update via App Store.